Florence Baptistery: the Gate of Paradise (la Porta del Paradiso)
The "Porta del Paradiso" is the east door of the Florence Baptistery, the main one located in front of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Made by the goldsmith and sculptor Lorenzo Ghiberti between 1425 and 1452 (with an important collaboration of his son Vittore), it represents his masterpiece, as well as one of the most famous works of the Florentine Renaissance. Completely gilded, it was nicknamed del Paradiso by Michelangelo Buonarroti. Damaged during the flood of Florence, the original panels, after having been restored, are kept in the nearby Museo dell'Opera del Duomo.
This small reproduction made in plaster and available in white, patinated or hand painted is produced by a small workshop in Florence.
Measurements: 83 x 113 mm